Thursday, September 17, 2009

Unbelievable faith!

Well, my workout has been going well. I am well into my 6th week of activity and really enjoying it. At times, the workouts that seemed easier in the beginning now seem to really be more difficult...must be due to my increase of weight/resistance bands/etc. Regardless, I am continuing faithfully to the routine.

In addition to the physical routine, I have continued faithfully to the 90-day reading thru the Bible workout as well. I began reading in Job yesterday and wow...here we go:

I would like you to close your eyes...of course, after you read this paragraph, and think of everything that is of importance and value to you...your home, children, spouse, job, church, money, reputation, health, etc....these are all things that hold a special place in your heart and life. You really can't imagine life without them, I am sure.

Now imagine that one day, everything was taken from you and would never return to you. Never. It was all gone. Everything you held dear and valued was stripped away from you by either terror, greed, sickness, tragedy, storm, etc. How would you respond? Let me remind you, not over a course of a couple weeks but in just a couple of days, everything vanished. Now, think again, how you respond?

Job responded in an unbelievable way and here it is: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord fave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

Think about his response...really let it soak in. I did yesterday when I read it and I was overwhelmed with guilt and praise all at the same time. I was feeling guilt because of all the things that has ever happened to me, I was too weak to respond in this manner. I was always asking "why, God?" rather than just praising Him for being who He is. Then I was feeling praise because it is possible to be like Job, with God's help and my faithfulness and commitment to Him on a daily basis...I, too, can respond this way should anything else ever come up that is difficult!

Job's faith is unbelievable at first...because it makes you take a step back and say, wow! I want an unbelievable faith like Job. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment