Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend...

Well, I finished my fourth week today and have a day of rest tomorrow!!!! Yea. I have officially lost 18 pounds as of Thursday...so I may have lost more but I haven't weighed in the last couple days since I am not on the same scale. I want to be accurate. The diet is going well...sometimes harder than it probably needs to be...but I am committed!

We are in Lawrence, Kansas for the holiday weekend...and even though we are relaxing I was able to get my Yoga routine in today. The 2nd phase starts Monday morning...so now I am anxious to see how things "pick up".

My reading today was into 2 Kings. Elijah entered the scene in 1 Kings...it's amazing to me the powers God gave Elijah. A true prophet...a true servant. When Elijah ascended into Heaven, Elisha recognized the awesome"ness" of God and immediately gave praise to God.

Do we respond the same way? Better yet, have you recognized the awesome"ness" of God recently? I think it is very important for us to keep our eyes attuned to what is surrounding us so that when something pwerful happens, we can clearly recognize when it is from God. In doing so, we can immediately give Him praise and also receive the blessings of witnessing, recognizing, and leading others to Him through the experience.

Are you seeing the wonderful power of God at work in your life like He was during Elijah and Elisha's day? If not, maybe your eyes are not really open like we think. Open and see all that is around you...there are blessings everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment