Thursday, September 10, 2009

If you could have just 1 wish...

If you could have just one wish, what would it be? For me, a lot of things come to mind. And when I try and write them down, I am unable because everything I am thinking about has "me" in it. I wonder if it is possible to wish or "want something so much" and it not have any self-serving benefits?

In my reading today, it is recorded in 1 Chronicles the passage (paraphrased) "...and if My people will humble themselves and call upon my name and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them and forgive them..."

This is it...just one wish...God is wishing that "if" His people...He wants us to. I can hear it from His word...can you? What "if" we all did this...ALL...? This one wish would rescue all of us from the lives that we live. The pasts that we had. The future that is unseen. Some of us have already lived out this passage...and continue to do so on a daily basis...so isn't this the real wish we all need to have?

I wish that all would come to know God in a way that allows this passage to come true in their lives so that the world would be changed forever and all of our lives would be filled with such a deeper meaning than currently exists in the world.

Is it possible? If God declared it, it is. Isn't it time you declared it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment