Wednesday, September 9, 2009

20 pounds down and more muscle to go!

I have lost 20 pounds now since I started this workout program 30 days ago. I am excited by the results and can't wait to see more of the muscle growth now. Today is a new routine day on the biceps and chest...difficult but very productive and can instantly feel the benefits...ok, at least right after the soreness goes away. My diet has been very restricted and conservative so I am probably going to change the consistency of my food where I add a few more carbohydrates and reduce some protein...so my weight my not go down any at this point but I will be using the food to build muscle faster now rather than shedding fat. We'll see....

Still reading in 1 Chronicles...one of the recounts of action was David's prayer of thanks. How marvelous this section of Scripture is. 1 Chronicles 16:7-36. This was done in front of many people when David was committing the Levites before the ark of the Lord.

There are so many verses I can take out of this section but the one that stands out to me today is vs. 34. It reminds me of the song Michael W Smith sings "Forever...?" "Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King. His loves endures forever"...

Has it ever really occurred to you how much our God loves us? How long He has loved us? How long He will continue to love us? I am not sure it can ever actually settle in on our minds as we are not fit for such Godly understanding...but when we even begin to grasp a piece of this understanding, it is overwhelming and hard to express our gratitude.

God loves us so much...He has done everything for us! How do you express this gratitude to Him? Obedience, faithfulness, servanthood, worship, etc...are some of the ways I know how...but certainly not an entire list. What is it for you? How are trying to demonstrate your gratitude to God...?

No comments:

Post a Comment